36EM was originally supplied to Lord Stanley on 17th March 1924. Fitted was the highly attractive, Hooper Cabriolet coachwork which the car still carries today. Being a 1923 car, 36EM was originally equipped with two wheel brakes only. However, having been supplied shortly before the introduction of four wheel brakes, the car was returned to the factory in 1925 to have four wheel brakes fitted. This is documented in the chassis build cards.
As the car stands today, few changes have been made from the original specification. The car has “all matching numbers” and has only been subject to one major restoration carried out by the present owner. He purchased the car 30 years ago, complete but in tired order. He has reported the radiator and headlamps had been raised to modernise the appearance, but, the car remained largely original.
Following completion of the restoration, the car has been regularly used and maintained. Now being an older restoration, 36EM carries a nice patina and should be considered as in good touring condition.
36EM is an impressive car being highly original with elegant and versatile coachwork.